The aim of this Greasemonkey script is to turn Toodledo’s Notebook into a code snippet library. The Notebook on it’s own is fine for general notes and the sync with Appigo Notebook is very handy but I wanted somewhere to keep my code snippets. I’ve been using The Guide for the past year synced with Dropbox which is a fantastic application but I still wanted somewhere central – in the cloud – to store everything that would ideally sync with my iPhone. As I already had a Toodledo account it seemed a shame to waste what they were offering in the Notebook functionality, the only problem appeared to be the frankly rubbish styling and the fiddly highlighting that is inevitable from a web application.
- Even though Chrome does support a lot of Greasemonkey scripts it doesn’t support unsafeWindow which the script currently needs and is therefore Firefox only for now. UPDATE 21/11/2009 – Boom! Now works in Google Chrome
- By default the script will use Alex Gorbatchev’s domain to host the files, if you have your own mirror, please enter the domain on line 8.
- Choose a theme from this selection – http://alexgorbatchev.com/wiki/SyntaxHighlighter:Themes – and edit theme_css_url on line 11 to which ever css file you have selected.
- An array of each syntax file available for the SyntaxHighlighter is created by default. To increase performance, remove/comment out those you don’t require from the scripts array (lines 13-37)
- For each snippet insert a syntax/brush aliasfollowed by ‘/#/’ (without the quotes). I prefer my code to start on the next line but it’s not necessary e.g.
- Whenever you click a note from now on it will be highlighted according to the syntax you have selected. Looking like this: